Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Prim Pumpkin Doll Finished

I finished this doll for a challenge over at Cloth Doll Artistry. We were given the pumpkin head shape and told to make whatever we wanted. I love little Prim dolls but it's not a style I make so I decided to challenge myself and do one using my style. She's kind of a rag doll and I had fun designing her body. She's 15" tall and made from a combo of craft felt and wool blend felt and is completely hand sewn. She has 2 different kinds of black button eyes and a hand stitched face. I got a chance to dig into my piles of Halloween fabric!


I made her little coordinating bloomers.

And a little bow for her stem.

I think she's just the sweetest thing and I've been carting her around on my arm all morning.

7 comments:

yoborobo said...

She is so cute and happy. I cannot believe you hand-sewed the entire doll. WOW! xox

Kit Lang said...

I'm not familiar with doll-speak - is a "prim" doll a primitive style doll?

Also - I think your doll - whatever style it is - is totally cute. :)

Mary Ann Tate said...

So darn cute:) I love that you used to different sizes of buttons for the eyes. I better get my act together and finish my doll for CDA. It has a head and a body but needs arms and legs.

MLBetterly said...

So cute!

Cindi Myers said...

I love the little pumpkin!
adorable!

Jingle said...

She is just wonderful!

Stacey said...

She is so adorable great job!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin