Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

I'm Living In Box Hell.

Once we made the decision to move my mother immediately started packing and getting rid of stuff. She was so crazed about getting it done that it spilled over to me and I started packing too. Did I mention we haven't even found a place to live at that point? 

It is good to get rid of things we don't need ahead of time but now I'm living with boxes stacked everywhere. My mom told me the other day that she thinks she started packing way too soon. Yep I already knew that.

My mom found a thrift store that all the proceeds go to a battered women's shelter, so tons of stuff went there. Her church is getting ready to have their annual book sale so every book we don't absolutely love and movies we don't watch all went there. We had maybe 10 bags that went between the 2 of us. We are big readers.

Here's 2 walls in my living room covered in boxes so you can see what I'm dealing with.
 The majority of stuff packed so far is 1/2 my studio, all our movies and books, living room art, and winter bedding. I feel like I'm living with a hoarder cause you have to follow little routes to get around the living room. I spend most of my time in my studio which feels spacious since 1/2 of it is packed away. This is all my stuff, my mom has a bunch of boxes downstairs in her living room.

Oh and did I mention that we will probably not even be moving until September?! I'm beginning to feel like I will lose my mind before this move is over.

2 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

I bet it's nice to get rid of stuff though. I am going to do some more purging myself this weekend!
At least you won't be stressed with packing later! right?

Unknown said...

You are doing it the right way (even though you might lose your mind! :) It's better to have the time, sort through it all, and only move what you love. Hang in there -we're going to blink and it will be September! xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin