Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

More Progress on Maleficent

I have set Red aside right now until I finish the Maleficent piece. I have only 2 and a half weeks till the deadline and I'm panicking a bit. So I've been sewing like crazy. Here are some wips.
Checking the fit of the wings before iron them.

Working on some of the details.

All the "stone scales" sewed by hand and lightly stuffed for dimension.

Checking the fit again. The throne has a bat head on it but dragon scales too so not sure what Disney was going for and if I have time I might change the bat head to a dragon, which makes much more sense to me. Don't hold me to it though as time is running out and I have to create a patten by the seat of my pants. If I do the bat head to make the deadline, I'll remove it and add the dragon's head later.

Realized the seat might not be sturdy enough to hold the doll so I made a cardboard under frame to scale. I may or may not use it but this also helps me see the piece in 3D so I can fix issues and firm details before committing to cut the felt.

PART 1 and PART 3 and PART 4 can be found at these links.

5 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Looking good :)

Bettina Groh said...

Whatever way you go...it's going to be fantastic. Love the scales...hope it's going to be a dragon!!!!

Jo Ferguson said...

This is a fascinating piece to see in progress. Your work is incredible and your eye for detail is wonderful. I love the scales.

Unknown said...

She is going to be wicked! :)

sassypackrat said...

Thanks everyone for your comments about this. I appreciate hearing how you like it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin