Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Moved Into My New Studio Space!

So glad I'm done moving! It basically took a week since I did most of the moving of things on my own. My daughter helped me move her bed, dresser and nightstand out and my sewing/ computer table and display/ storage cabinet in before she called it quits. I moved my entire studio out of my bedroom, then cleaned everything thoroughly, cause wow have I been slacking in the dusting department!

I now have a lovely window I can see out of with a view of the acorn tree and my mom's bird feeders. Now I don't feel like I'm living in a dark cave! Natural light with sun streaming onto my work table is the best; I haven't had that since my studio in my son's old room at the old house over 5 years ago. It was a great space with hardwood floors and had lovely yellow walls...I really miss it.

I am going to show pics but bear with, me cause things are just placed right now so I can get back to work. Final placement, painting and decorating and investing in some new storage pieces won't happen until next Spring probably.

 So I broke this ugly ceiling fan moving a mattress. Completely and only my fault...sigh! At least the lights still work but won't be able to replace this until next year, hopefully.
 I've come to the realization that I need to sort and get rid of things I'm not going to use. Need to figure out how to have a supply sale. I have too much stuff and more just sitting in the garage which needs to fit in here somehow. My mom needs to have the car in the garage this winter, we can't have her falling again.
Maleficent is sitting in the corner and just fits on top of those storage cubes. Left side of my worktable.

 Right side of my worktable. Display/storage cabinet next to it but my printer cart is in front of it for now.
 Computer/sewing desk. Still wish I had a separate table just for my sewing machine, but well I don't yet.
 Giant file cabinet and desk that will be my shipping center. Still have to clean that out and organize it. To the right of that is a large closet that currently holds my daughter's clothes. She has enough clothes to clothe a village, it's really ridiculous. Her clothes have to stay for now but when they are gone I'm taking full use of that closet.

So yeah exciting and lovely it's not but roomy and sunny it is! I have enough room to set up my light box so I can shoot photos of my art! I can't keep it up for long periods of time but it'll work out great.

Anyway I'm super excited and I really need to get back to work so bye!

1 comment:

Mary Ann Tate said...

There is nothing like having your own room for your craft stuff. I moved into to my youngest son's room about 5 years ago and I'm not moving out....LOL I had to get rid of stuff and do a massive reorganization but it was worth it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin