Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday's Worktable.

I've been feeling a bit blah lately. I've started projects, become unhappy with them and then tossed them into the body parts bin. So if you were hoping to see more wips of things I had been showing you will be disappointed. The wave pattern skirt is one of those projects. I started to embroider on it and just HATED it. I couldn't do what I saw in my head and became too frustrated. I'll go back to it but later after I've had time to think and calm down. The headless seated body is another of those projects.

This is my table right now. I designed a new pattern and have been making modifications to it. I think I finally have it the way I want it so I'll be making these dolls for a while. They are fairly quick to make, easily modified, have hand embroidered details and are mostly machine sewn. Hopefully you'll see them in the next few months and be able to say "Oh those are Jennifer Tobicoe's dolls". My creations have been a bit scattered design wise the last few years. Unless you know me or follow my work closely you probably wouldn't be able to see that it was all "Jennifer's work". I'll be showing more wips soon and also blogging more.

3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Whether you realize or not you do have your own distinctive style:)

yoborobo said...

I have one of those bins, too. And several unfinished project boxes. I'm feeling a little belch as well. Maybe it's the weather! :) Can't wait to see your new dolls! xox

Cindi Myers said...

I agree with Mary Ann.
You definitely have your own style and I can always tell when the work is yours.
Don't be too hard on yourself but I do understand. I get so frustrated when things aren't coming out like what I see in my head.
Leave it and go back later when it seems fresh again.
XOXO _ Cindi

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin