Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sleepless Night and Decision Making.

It was an emotionally draining weekend. I thought I'd have to fly my son home because things aren't going well with him. After a lot of back and forth he's decided to try and stick it out but is grateful that he can come home as a last resort. So...preciously saved money will go to him to help him thru this difficult life experience.
 My Goofy Kid
Meanwhile I took a serious look at all my projects and decided I need to scale way back on what I thought I could get done. I've decided to make just a few gingerbread people, reindeer and snow people in the large plush doll size and more smaller little plush that would be good for stocking stuffers, ornaments and decorations. I really want to make sales and since my designs are a bit odd and different I know they won't appeal to the masses, so I think the smaller ones will do better. I'll continue to make Large Snarky Girl dolls in different designs and smaller ones too. Also Christmas and Holiday Owls...got to have owls! I'm already thinking of designs for Easter and Spring!
Mini Reindeer Plush
I'll also be concentrating more on my stationery business. I took a long break but am back up and taking orders in my Zibbet shop. It will take a huge time commitment and lots of hard work to get that business back to the level it was. I'm slowly getting items loaded there. So if you are looking for gift stickers, address labels, note cards, enclosure cards, gift tags, shipping labels or invitations for any occasion come check me out.

4 comments:

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

I hope things improve for your son. And yay for Christmas owls!

yoborobo said...

You know what? You are a good ma. :) Sometimes you have to just roll with what life throws at you. I know all that you make will be adorable. I think 'little' is cute, and I can so see your guys peeking out of a stocking! Xox!

Cindi Myers said...

Good Luck with all your projects. I think the idea about stocking stuffers is great.
Of course you have to do those adorable owls! LOL! Love them!
I hope all goes well with your son and whatever he is going through, I'll be sending positive thoughts out to you both!
XOXO - Cindi

Anonymous said...

I know that you are concerned about your son - you mentioned that when he moved out. The fact that he can come home should let him breathe a little easier.

You and I are a lot alike sweetie - we try to accomplish much more than we have time for. Just do what you can and let the rest lie there (or in storage containers so you don't have to see them) :D

Sandi from Handmade By Sandi

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin