Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Trying Something New..

...My First Holiday Crossover Piece. As most of you know my main focus is felt dolls. However in the face of unusually bad joint pain I've been playing with Paper Clay. It's easier on my hands and since the success and wonderful reviews of my mixed paper clay and soft sculpture vintage Halloween piece, I've been excited to do more with clay.
Here's the sneak peek I put on Facebook the other day. As always I like to show WIP's in case anyone is interested, so here we go.
Originally he was supposed to be a snowman but these things develop a life of their own. I really have little control over them.
Beginning to paint.
Personality coming out now!
He insisted on close up shots.
All done. He'll be available in my etsy shop as soon as I get better photos. It's a gray, rainy, crappy day today.

6 comments:

Kaerie Faerie said...

YAY, he is wonderful, I hear that about hands, the clay is great and you will get spoiled LOL
love your bunny
Karey

yoborobo said...

He is so cute! I love his bow and arrow. :) And I used clay for the same reason - to give my poor hands a break. You seem to have a natural feel for it! xox

Cindi Myers said...

He looks great!
I tried to do some Paperclay cats yesterday and they turned out "lumpy", oh well...
Yours looks adorable (and NOT lumpy! LOL!)
XOXO - Cindi

Mary Ann Tate said...

He is adorable...love his two front teeth:)

Finding Charm said...

He is too cute. Sylvester comes to mind for some weird reason. haha. Love 'em!

Jingle said...

Her turned out SUPER cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin