Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Some Thoughts About Patterns...

O.k. so back in February I talked about releasing some of my patterns for sale after I re-worked them to be made in fabric instead of felt. The way the economy is I could very much use another steam of income no matter how small. 

These are the patterns I was considering.

 My Penguin
My Seahorses
My Owls

Well I've had a change of heart. In the last few weeks I've heard from so many people and read so many stories about how their patterns have been stolen. Some of these patterns have been stolen by unscrupulous people who sell multiple copies of of other people's work for profit. And some involve people in other countries who steal patterns and claim them as their own work.

Let's be clear, I don't think I'm a fantastic designer or that my patterns are so wonderful. I would just be absolutely heartbroken to have my intellectual creative property stolen.

So I'll just retire them until a later date. Sorry to anyone who expressed interest in buying a pattern, I hope you understand.

UPDATE: I've changed my mind about patterns and am currently designing and selling them. See the side bar for the patterns I have available right now!

4 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Understand Totally.
:)

yoborobo said...

I understand - it's why I won't do it. Besides which I would have to figure out a pattern - hahahah! Love your little guys, all of them. :) xox

Mary Ann Tate said...

Well first of all why would you want to design them for fabric as they are perfect as they are in felt. However, I totally agree with you. There are some unscrupulous people out there who don't care how they make a buck.

Jingle said...

I totally understand that! Your patterns really are quite incredible, actually! I couldn't make a decent pattern to save my life! LOL! Your work is fabulous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin