This is kind of hard because I've shared so many parts of my life here. Well here goes nothing!
1. When I was in college I wanted to switch my major from Advertising and Graphic Design to Photography. The head of the Photography department wanted me in the program and told me it there would be no problem in switching but I'd have to do an extra year to catch up. Unfortunately I didn't have the money to do it and received pressure from my mom to finish my original major and get a job. It's always been one of my greatest regrets that I didn't go for it.
2. I was a Flag Girl in High School. You know the girls who twirl the flags that are a part of the marching band? At my school it was geeky to do this and our flags were on poles that were 8 feet long! So all us girls had to be fairly tall to twirl those suckers. I remember one Parade we did in Chicago for Columbus day maybe, it was cold as balls in our short skirts and we were twirling and doing our routine and crossing a bridge over the Chicago River. Now this particular bridge had large grates in it and the bottom of my pole hit one of those holes, slipped thru my fingers and almost slid straight into the river! I caught it at the last minute by the flag and hauled it up before anyone but me knew what was going on. If the band director had seen that I'd have been toast!
3. I just started to collect Pullip Dolls. They are dolls with large heads and eyes like the Blythe doll but prettier to meat least and more affordable. I also collect the mini Pullips dolls.
4. I've been a single parent for almost 18 years now. My ex and I split when my son was 3 and my daughter was 9 months old. It's been a tough road but I wouldn't really change anything about it. It was the right decision for the kids and I and I stand by it.
5. I used to own a vending machine business. A far cry from the creative things I do now and my original degree. I had the business for 4 years before health problems forced me to either hire out all my workers or sell the business. I decided to sell because I needed a stress free environment. I learned a lot about running a business and found that the experience translated well into other ventures.
6. I'm an avid reader. I read usually 2 books a week. At one time I owned over a thousand books. I like sci fi fantasy books like Anne McCaffery's Dragon books, Tolkien, C.S. Lewis & Piers Anthony. I love forensic novels by Kellerman, Cornwell, & Reich. Enjoy Grafton and especially Evanovich. The Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris and the Witch, Vampire, Were, Pixie world of Kim Harrison are special favorites. Also love the Preston and Child collaborations. I could go on and on for pages and pages and you'd fall asleep. I could quite literally spend my life just reading.
7. I have a wicked off beat sense of humor. Kind of dark and yet dorky too. I love bad puns. I will laugh so hard that I cry and pee myself if I see someone fall down! It's a weird automatic response and I have no control over it at all! People often don't "get" my humor and it can be a bit sarcastic and biting at times.
Well I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about geeky old me!
Here are the blogs I'm passing this Beautiful Blog Award onto.
4. Just Jingle