Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cold Mornings and New Legs

It's been in the low 40's here in the morning, nothing new for this area. But for the 2nd day in a row Lita my pup has asked for me to heat up her blanket. I do this by putting it in the dryer. She sits in front of the dryer waiting for her blanket to come out. She's a smart girl, she knows what the dryer does. Lita is a Chihuahua and they have trouble maintaining their body heat even long haired ones like mine.So when she gets cold, she's really cold. She'll lay wrapped up in the heated blanket for up to 2 hours.
Here she is yesterday and she's wrapped up just like this right now.
This is Binks and he's a weird one. He won't go under a blanket, it freaks him out. He knows where all the heat vents are or he'll lay close to the dog. I don't worry about him.
Made another set of lady legs (on the left, the gray ones are for another male rabbit). I made the feet larger and the legs more sturdy to help support the weight of her skirts. I really want all the rabbits to stand nicely. The legs stand great on their own, the true test is when I attach them to the bodies. Fingers crossed! I really wanted the other 3 rabbits finished by this weekend but that doesn't seem to be possible right now. UGH!

2 comments:

Jingle said...

Your pup looks adorable all cuddled up in the blanket!!! And those are some nice look'n legs! HA!!! :-)

Cindi Myers said...

You just brought back one of my happiest memories! When me and my sister were little, my Mom would put our pajamas in the dryer for a few minutes so that we would be all warm and toasty as we crawled into bed! Sigh...I'm right along with you Lita! You go girl!
XOXO - Cindi

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin