Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Debut of a Finished Piece

It's been a long time coming but here's the debut of Monsieur Renard Lapin. (just quick studio shots, it's gloomy today). He's a gentleman carrot and lettuce farmer. Renard is a great lover of silks and lace. He believes a gentleman should present himself a certain way. One to attract the ladies and two to earn respect from those below him. Renard thinks of himself as an educated and tolerant Rabbit. He would be surprised to know that others think him a dandy and a fool.
Monsieur Renard Lapin
Renard is a plush soft sculpture art doll. He's approx 24.5" tall. He's the first doll I've made that can stand up entirely on his own. I was so excited about this! I love animals dressed as people, it excites my sense of whimsy. I thought the idea would work really well with my creative style too.
 Renard is made from eco felt and bits of high end home decor fabric I scored at my mom's church rummage sale. He's completely sewn by hand and is NOT a toy. He's the first in a series of 4. Once all 4 are completed and their stories told they will be up for sale in my etsy shop. I hope you enjoyed seeing him as much as I enjoyed showing him off!

8 comments:

yoborobo said...

Holy cow - he is so wonderful! I think he looks like one of the Three Musketeers! Ready to do battle. :) Maybe he is delusional, but I like his attitude! And his clothes are wonderful. Perfecto, my friend! xox Pam

Kaerie Faerie said...

OMG he is so cool wonderful work, he really makes me laugh, so cute and funny
still smiling
Karey

ABrushWithHumor said...

This fellow is amazing! I LOVE the third picture, it really captures his personality. Great job!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

YaaY!!! It's delightful!

Wendy said...

ohohoh, Monsieur Renard,
You are such a fine gentleman. I would love to take a walk with you to look at your lovely gardens.
...He is wonderfully enchanting.
Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

Finding Charm said...

Can't wait to see the series!

Wendy Wright said...

LOVE him! I am very fond of rabbits! Awesome job as always Sassy. Love his outfit...especially his boots. :)

Jingle said...

Wonderful work! I'm looking forward to seeing the others in the series!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin