Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Doll for My Mom is Done.

I was going to hold off until Sunday to do this post but I got too excited. So since is WAS sunny earlier I took some pics.
I decided to go all out and make a bow and a quiver with arrows for the doll. I'm severely allergic to feathers so there was a lot of sneezing going on but I like the way they came out. I'm not fond of the bow. I was going to look for a stick to use instead but the dog kept thinking they were for her and ran off with the ones I thought might work! I'm leaving the one I originally did cause it's not like the doll will actually use it or anything so it's fine for the idea of a bow. (See how I shoved my perfectionism into a deep dark hole and just said o.k. it's good enough? Major growth for me!)
 Bow, quiver and arrows
 I beaded around her collar and she has a sweet little corset with mini green buttons. Her dress has a short skirt so she can run thru the forest and not get tangled in trees. Her legs can be posed several ways and her arms are joined too so can move.


Size comparison to my previous elf doll.

I think my mom will love her.

10 comments:

Jingle said...

She looks AMAZING!!!! I love the smaller size, too!

MLBetterly said...

She turned out awesome! I bet your mom is going to LOVE her!

yoborobo said...

Your mom is going to adore her! She is so cute, and I bet she rocks the forest! xox Pam

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Oh, she's fab! I hope your mom loved her. I also love the way our pets help with the crafting process, heh heh.

poppy lovesaparty said...

Obviously you love your mom a lot. You made a spectacular doll for her AND exposed yourself to an allergic reaction to feathers. She'll probably fuss at you for the feathers thing. That's what moms do after they tell you how much they love what you made for them.

Heather Leavers said...

She's wonderful - can I be your mum?

PussDaddy said...

It turned out really nice.

PD

Unknown said...

What a wonderful elf doll! My daughter-in-law looks just like this character! Your creations are so whimsical, I just love them! Thank you for the link to your birthday cake. I can't tell you how you have made my day! To see my own pattern expressed in your creative voice is a very special thing to me. Have a great weekend! Elizabeth

Wendy Wright said...

Awesome! Love the hair! I bet your mom loved her. :)

ViKKi Monster said...

I love that doll it is so cool :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin