Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Penguins, Penguins Everywhere! A Mermaid and A Treasury

Since I've been under the weather recently and I can't just sit and do nothing, I've been sewing penguins. I now have penguins in many colors and many sizes taking over my cutting table. I have more than is shown in the above photo. Once I got on a roll I just couldn't stop! Not entirely sure what I'll do with them all. I've listed Herman the big guy with the heart in my shop and 2 of the blue and pink small ones in a giveaway I'm doing for One World One Heart, which you can click on the sidebar link to get more info and also check out my previous post.


I'd really like to know what people think of these because I'd like to make more plush/softies based on my stationery designs. I don't want to waste my time if they are ugly or people don't like them, ya know?

Here's a mermaid softie I'm starting. She's based on my mermaid print I have in my etsy shop. She's got a bit of the old nakedness going on right now, but she doesn't have eyes yet so doesn't know. Shhhhhh! Don't tell her!




I was in a great treasury made up of etsy Twitter friends. See my Cupcake Love Print in the middle there? There were so many great items but unfortunately I didn't get this blogged about in time and the treasury has expired! Darn it! Anyway scrapaddict put it together and it was cool.

6 comments:

PixelatedMushroom said...

The mermaid looks like it will be great :) but challenging to make perhaps!

I like the little penguins, but I think some dumpier ones might be cute too (fatter and less tall I mean), but I think I always just see the world as 'the more stuffed the cuter' :D so that might just be me :)

MLBetterly said...

I think they're fabulous! I also think the mermaid is looking awesome too! Run with it, girl!

Michelle said...

There is no such thing as too many penguins!

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Your penguins are so adorable. They look like they're going to toddle up and just start talking in cartoon voices. I'm sure your mermaid will be darling, too.

Erica Lea said...

Those penguins are just too cutee! I love all the different sizes:-) They are most definitely not ugly!

Cindi Myers said...

UGLY! HIDEOUS! I CAN BARE TO LOOK AT THEM!!!!

Just kidding! They are adorable silly sassy girl! I especially like the little ones!
The mermaid is looking cool too. Can't wait to see her finished!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin