Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rose Is Finally Finished!

Rose Tyler is the first companion of the 10th Doctor and one of my favorites. She's wearing the Union Jack T-shirt that she had on when she first met Captain Jack Harkness, another favorite of mine.

She sat for a long time without legs or eyebrows because I just wasn't happy with her face. I re-did it 3 times and am still not happy but oh do I love her hair! So I finally finished her up since she's only for my personal amusement anyway.

Here she is with my Doctor doll. I modified her pattern so she's sturdier and a bit taller than the original Doctor I made. But she loves him anyway.

Side view. See the 2 shades of yellow for her hair? I thought I was so clever to do that so her hair wouldn't be a flat color.

Back view. Still loving her hair!

Started on a new Doctor doll, this time in the blue suit. Also will be doing another one in the brown suit and Captain Jack Harkness too. I'm working on a surprise project with these dolls but am not going to say anything until I know if it'll work out or not.

Besides Rose I also finished this cupcake softie that has been sitting around for a while. Possible shop item, just don't know yet.

Thanks for reading through my Doctor Who laden post and I hope you enjoyed seeing the Rose Doll even if you don't know who she is.

7 comments:

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

She is fantastic, and I don't even watch Dr. Who.

Michelle said...

I freakin' love her! Too cute!

Nat said...

love your dolls. You seem to have lots of fun making them. Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your comments

Cindi Myers said...

Now don't get mad...but is Dr. Who on PBS? What night and time?
Because I obviously have to start watching it!

Laurie said...

Squeal! My son is such a big Dr. Who fan so when I clicked on your blog we were both squealing!

Thank you for entering my OWOH giveaway; I hope you'll be back to visit my blog again!

Laci Jo said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE DR WHO, and LOOOOOOVED watching ROSE! so sad to see her leave, and now even more sad to see Dr Who changing again :( great dolls though, fantastic!

Heather Leavers said...

These are BRILLIANT! I'm thinking pose them and take pics and make greetings cards :-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin